(Affiliated to S.P. Pune University)
Embark on a transformative journey with our MBA program, affiliated to S.P. Pune University. At IIMHRD (W), we empower women students to thrive as visionary leaders who are innovative, creative, and socially responsible. Our two-year, full-time program offers a unique application-based curriculum that equips students with life skills and practical knowledge to reimagine business practices. Through the Program, we empower our students to progress & lead from the day they venture into industry and accept higher corporate accountability.
Major Specializations are offered in the following subjects as per S.P. Pune University's new syllabus.
Immerse yourself in a comprehensive and transformative curriculum that cultivates strategic thinking, fosters innovation, and develops the leadership skills necessary for success in today’s ever-evolving business landscape.
Course Code: 101
Subject Description: This course explores the principles and theories of organizational behavior and the fundamentals of management, focusing on topics such as motivation, leadership, teamwork, and organizational structure.
- Introduction to organizational behavior
- Understanding management and its functions
- Individual behavior and personality
- Perception, learning, and motivation
- Group dynamics and team building
Course Code: 102
Subject Description: This course covers the principles and techniques of management accounting, including cost analysis, budgeting, and financial decision-making for effective management.
- Introduction to management accounting
- Cost concepts and classifications
- Cost-volume-profit analysis
- Budgeting and variance analysis
- Performance evaluation and control
Course Code: 103
Subject Description: This course introduces the basic concepts of managerial economics, including demand analysis, production and cost analysis, pricing decisions, and market structures.
- Introduction to managerial economics
- Demand and supply analysis
- Production and cost analysis
- Market structures and pricing strategies
Course Code: 104
Subject Description: This course provides an introduction to statistical and quantitative methods used in business decision-making, including probability, hypothesis testing, regression analysis, and forecasting techniques.
- Introduction to statistics
- Descriptive statistics
- Probability theory
- Statistical inference
- Regression analysis and forecasting
Course Code: 105
Subject Description: This course examines the legal framework of business operations, including contract law, company law, intellectual property rights, and legal aspects of business transactions.
- Introduction to business law
- Contract law
- Company law
- Intellectual property rights
Course Code: 106
Subject Description: This course provides an overview of marketing principles and concepts, including market analysis, consumer behavior, marketing mix strategies, and marketing communication.
- Introduction to marketing
- Market segmentation and targeting
- Product and pricing strategies
- Distribution channels and promotion strategies
Course Code: 107
Subject Description: This course focuses on the fundamental concepts and applications of information technology in business, covering topics such as computer systems, database management, and business software applications.
- Introduction to information technology
- Computer hardware and software
- Data management and database systems
- Networks and internet technologies
Course Code: 108
Subject Description: This course develops effective communication skills for managers, including written and oral communication, interpersonal skills, and business presentation techniques.
- Communication process and barriers
- Business writing and presentations
- Interpersonal and group communication
- Cross-cultural communication and negotiation
Course Code: 201
Subject Description: This course delves into advanced marketing concepts and strategies, including market research, product development, pricing strategies, promotional campaigns, and marketing analytics.
- Marketing planning and strategy
- Consumer behavior
- Marketing research
- Brand management and advertising
- Sales promotion and public relations
Course Code: 202
Subject Description: This course covers the principles of financial management, including financial analysis, capital budgeting, working capital management, and financial decision-making.
- Financial statement analysis
- Time value of money
- Capital budgeting and investment decisions
- Working capital management
- Long-term financing and capital structure
Course Code: 203
Subject Description: This course explores the theories and practices of human resource management, including recruitment, selection, training and development, performance appraisal, and employee relations
- Introduction to human resource management
- Recruitment and selection
- Training and development
- Performance appraisal
- Employee relations and labor laws
Course Code: 204
Subject Description: This course focuses on the management of manufacturing and operations processes, including production planning, inventory management, quality control, and supply chain management.
- Operations management concepts
- Production planning and control
- Quality management
- Supply chain management
- Lean and agile operations
Course Code: 205
Subject Description: This course examines the principles and techniques of materials management and logistics, including procurement, warehousing, transportation, and distribution management.
- Inventory management
- Materials requirement planning
- Warehouse management
- Transportation and distribution management
Course Code: 206
Subject Description: This course explores the role of information systems in organizations, including database management, business intelligence, decision support systems, and emerging technologies.
- Introduction to management information systems
- Database management systems
- Decision support systems
- Enterprise resource planning
Course Code: 207
Subject Description: This course introduces research methods and techniques used in business and management research, including research design, data collection, data analysis, and research report writing.
- Research design and methodology
- Data collection and analysis
- Sampling techniques
- Report writing and presentation
Course Code: 208
Subject Description: This course examines the economic factors and environmental considerations that impact business operations, including macroeconomic analysis, business environment assessment, and sustainability practices.
- Microeconomic analysis
- Macroeconomic analysis
- Environmental management concepts and practices
Course Code: 301
Subject Description: This course focuses on the formulation and implementation of business strategies, including strategic analysis, strategic planning, strategic decision-making, and strategic control.
- Strategic management process
- Business environment analysis
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Evaluation and control of strategies
Course Code: 302
Subject Description: This course explores the design and implementation of management control systems, including budgeting, performance measurement, cost control, and management information systems.
- Control systems and their types
- Budgetary control
- Standard costing and variance analysis
- Performance measurement and evaluation
Course Code: 303
Course Code: 304
Course Code: 306
Course Code: 307
Course Code: 308
Course Code: 401
Subject Description: This course focuses on the principles and practices of entrepreneurship, including project management skills necessary for starting and managing a business.
- Introduction to entrepreneurship
- Business plan development
- Funding and financing for startups
- Project management principles and practices
Course Code: 402
Subject Description: This course explores the challenges and opportunities of conducting business in a global environment, including international trade, cross-cultural management, and global strategy.
- Global business environment
- Entry strategies and internationalization
- Cross-cultural management
- International trade and finance
Course Code: 403
Subject Description: This course examines the latest trends and developments in the field of management, including emerging management theories, technological advancements, and industry-specific practices.
- Emerging trends in management
- Innovation and technology management
- Change management
- Ethical and social responsibility in management
Course Code: 404